Senior Project Manager
Please follow the instructions at the bottom of this page to submit your application.
About This Job
Job type: Full time, Experience level: Mid-level, Senior, Lead, Role: Project Manager,
We prefer someone to be working in the Eastern Timezone. Our office is located in Washington, DC, and employees can work full time from this location.
User interface, design, product management, user-experience
We’re looking for a product manager to join our small-and-mighty product team. As a healthcare startup, we move fast (and with little overhead!), so we need someone who enjoys wearing multiple hats and is pragmatic about the inherent tradeoffs in building a product in a fast moving environment. We employ a Design Thinking approach that puts the customer first by balancing a creative thinking divergent process with an iteration heavy convergent process. Given that, it’s crucial that you feel comfortable :
- immersing yourself in the customer experience by leading feedback calls to gain deeper understanding of the customer’s journey and uncover unarticulated needs.
- leading collaborative brainstorming & ideation sessions and articulating pre-experiences to test & vet design concepts
- Work with the Head of Product to create a roadmap and set high level prioritization.
- Interface frequently with a variety of stakeholders about product needs.
- Oversee the ongoing prioritization of the backlog using key drivers & user feedback.
- Write user stories with acceptance criteria and sufficient depth of explanation.
- Lead backlog grooming to decompose and estimate stories with developers.
- Answer questions from developers and clarify requirements.
- Work with Release Manager, QA, & Customer Success to accept finished features based on acceptance criteria on behalf of Product.
- Demonstrated success leading the build-out of high value products.
- A knack for bringing people together across teams and perspectives to get things done.
- Solid written communication skills as evidenced by clear user stories.
- Enough technical understanding to discuss scope/timeline tradeoffs with engineers.
- Ability to both pay attention to the details, and also keep a bead on the broader context.
Dorsata’s clinical workflow intelligence platform is designed to work both top of and inside of the existing electronic health records (EHRs) that our customers use. The ACOG Prenatal Record — our flagship product for the Dorsata platform — is an AngularJS/Rails SPA designed collaboratively with women’s health providers to support the way that they work & think — not tell them how to work & think (or add additional clerical burdens to their already-busy day). We want practitioners of women’s health to feel like they are using a piece of software not only designed for them, but by them.
How We Interview & Hire
Like many of the other startups you are currently perusing on stackoverflow/angellist/hired/vettery/reddit/linkedIn/etc., our interview process begins with an intro call to help you learn more about the role, for us to hear more about you, and to help the two of us decide if Dorsata is a mutual fit. If we move forward, the next step will be a more in depth call with us that dives into some problem solving about healthcare. Based on that problem solving exercise, we do a quick real-world based coding test to make sure you actually do know AngularJS (or React or Vue or AngularX) / what a computer is.
We’re small, so we also like to have people talk to our CEO.
Benefits / Perks / Comp
- Health Insurance / Dental
- Market salary + equity participation opportunity
- We are remote first, though we do have some space in Arlington, VA. If you like, go for an occasional stints in Antarctica, though we operate on the East Coast timezone and get together every 6 weeks in person. Also, Antartica is cold.
- Fun, friendly & delightfully BS-free work environment
Bugs fixed before writing new code
Quite working conditions
Best tools that money can buy
Hallway usability test
Do not have:
Dorsata provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.